Saturday, September 25, 2004

I Made Chili!!!! (What Not To Do!)

OK, so I'm not much of a cook. Hey, I never admited to being one. I'm the chick that blew up the stove trying to boil water, for goodness sakes! But today, my craving for some good chili got the better of me and I gave it a shot.

Now I'll be the first to admit that I always look for the easy way out when cooking. I'm not opposed to using cream of chicken soup and canned buiscuts to make chicken and dumplings. But some combinations should never be tried, this is one of them:

2 cans of Hormal chili (no beans)
2 cans of kidneys beans (chili style)
1 can of diced tomatos (any style)
1 can of tomato sauce
some chili powder (made sense to me)
quite a few shakes of the cinnamon (I've always heard that was good in chili)
couple shakes of sugar (what's cinnamon without sugar???)
lot o hot sauce! I like it spicy :o) Ouch!
salt and pepper to taste

Sounds tasty, doesn't it? Well it's NOT! It's actually pretty nasty, and I wouldn't suggest you try this at home. However, it will get you past that craving if you're having one. As a matter of fact, it'll make you never want to have chili again!

If anyone has a good recipe (and simulary simple) please let me know!

In other news!

I went to see The Forgotten tonight. I don't usually go to the theater, but my sister and mom talked me into this one. I'm a big horror flic fan, so when they suggested it, I said what the h*ll. It was pretty good! There were a couple heart stopping scenes (and I don't say that lightly) but the best one wasn't so heart stopping because they showed it in the previews. I'll never understand this tactic in advertising... Why show the Best parts of the movie in the ad? Wouldn't you rather keeps those parts for the people who actually go to see the movie? It's beyond me.

Anyway, I came home after the movie and watched an old ep of Monk and was just as entertained, so who am I to say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home