Thursday, May 19, 2005

As Comfortable As an Old Pair of Shoes

Not the most flattering way to describe a dear friend, but hey, if the shoe fits...

OK, OK. I'll stop.

I good friend of mine finally made it to town and we were able to spend most of the day together yesterday. It was great! We talk on the phone and trade emails, but it was nice to just kick back and talk face to face. We reminisced about the good ol' days, shared dreams of the future, and talked about our relationships (well, his anyway.)

We also talked about the things that touch and form our lives, and this is where I realized just how much I appreciate the friendships that I have been able to cultivated in this world. I've come to realize that every person I call a friend has certain qualities in common. They are all open-minded, optimistic, and unopposed to change. They're also smart, strong, challenging and above all, kind individuals. I find that having relationships with people of these qualities creates an atmosphere where we can feel free to be ourselves and grow without fear of judgment or criticism. We're able to explore or develop new ideas in a healthy environment, which is very important to our personal well being.

Whether I've drawn these people to me, or they've drawn me to them, I'll never know. All I know is that I've been blessed and I will always cherish my friends.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers to that...

Is he single??? I say you go for it.

1:45 AM  
Blogger RT said...

LOL fnphd, he's not, and I did several years ago, it just wasn't going to happen.

But if you know of anyone else...

:o)

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

?

6:15 PM  
Blogger RT said...

Who did I confuse?

6:46 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

Just remember, RT, they say that your friends are a reflection of yourself and from everything I know, you fit that description you gave of your friends. B)

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stood up in Cleveland, stood up in Indiana, stood up kayaking/camping?????????????????

9:51 PM  
Blogger Lapierre Médias© said...

ah ouais c bin lui , cétait bizoune , qui étaot venu pisser.

11:11 PM  
Blogger thc said...

Old friends. They know where you're going and they've seen where you've been.

1:07 AM  
Blogger RT said...

I'm baaack! Again.

Hey 80sNut, thank you for saying that, but... >:) har har har har

Nah, seriously. I've heard people say that, and that's why I wonder about it. I'm really not all that great of a friend, I try to be, but I know I'm not. How I've managed to hang on to these people, and actually get new friends is beyond me, lol. That's why I consider myself so blessed.

Jeff, you shit! I didn't stand you up! I told ya I couldn't make those shows well ahead of time :p And I haven't stood you up for the camping/kayaking yet, either. I just have to make sure I have a job before I make plans like that. Relax, we have all summer!

And rk, I have no idea who the hell you are and I really do not appreciate you using my personal blog for your billboard, so I'm deleting your post.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home