Saturday, May 14, 2005

Lessons Learned:

1. If you're going to be a ditz, don't be stupid.
I started carrying a debit card a few years ago because it's an easier way for me to keep track of and keep ahold of my money. I'm notorious for losing things and as inconvenient as it is, I'd rather lose a 50 cent piece of plastic than $20 bill. All in all, it's worked out pretty good for me, until now. It's the weekend and I didn't get my lazy butt out of bed in time to hit the bank yesterday. God I hate borrowing money when I know mine is right there behind that little piece of glass...

2. Don't run your mouth about things you don't really understand.
OK, I haven't exactly learned this one yet, but I'm working on it!

3. A midnight drive is just as intoxicating as a bottle of beer.
I need to keep this one in mind. I used to know it when I was younger, but I guess it got lost in all the hype of clubbing...

4. If you want to blog about all those cool things you thought about on your midnight drive, take a fucking tape recorder! 'Cause you know your going to forget at least half of it before you get home.

And finally,

5. It's impossible to find a stray ice cube on a blue mottled floor.
So quit trying for goodness sakes! Quit crawling around on the floor, you look like an idiot.

Thought of the Day:
Determination: De-no, Term-time, Ination-itis.

Quote of the Day:
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, and then throw it in the face of the person who gave you the lemons until they give you the oranges you originally asked for...
-NewsRadio

If I Could Be An Animal For the Day:
I would be an owl. Then when my mother tells me she has eyes in the back of her head, I would just turn my head around and tell her that I don't need extra eyes.

Favorite Artist:
Museum of bad art. Not really a particular artist, but this site has some goofy and fun stuff.

4 Comments:

Blogger RT said...

And here's another; That travel mug has a closing lid for a reason, doofus.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

It is pretty amazing how when you are relaxed the thoughts just flow unrestricted and there is never something there to keep them. I've written several songs during moments like that on scraps of paper. So where did the contents of the mug land?

8:32 AM  
Blogger RT said...

The contents of the mug landed on my leg, lol.

Which reminds me! You know, cops don't as favorably at a coffee mug on Sat nights as they would on... say... a weekday morning.

I've done the bits of paper thing, I now have a file cabnet full of them! And I even tried using my laptop, but everytime I pull over, the cops come and chase me off. That's why I'm thinking a tape recorder might work. Of course, I did have my camera with me, maybe I should have just taken a picture of myself having the thoughts?

And Vavoom, I'm so glad you're starting to feel better, hun. That kind of stuff can really throw you into a tailspin at first...

1:14 PM  
Blogger FantasticAlice said...

I shall learn from your lessons oh Wise One.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home