Sunday, September 26, 2004

I did it...

I finally took the leap of faith and submitted a poem to poetry.com!

Keep your fingers crossed for me, please!

Tears in a Mirrored Window

You look into my eyes and you see strength.
You hear my voice and you know love.
But that strength and love are only mirrored images
Of what you hold deep within yourself.
What lies behind my eyes is a pain you'll never know,
And listen closely to my voice, you'll hear the sorrow.
Heaven forbid you should ever see through my mirror,
For what lies behind is a window streaked with tears.
So hold on to the strength you see and the love you hear,
Maybe it will give you hope to get through another day.
As for me, I'll sit here behind my mirror and dream
Of what it would be like on your side,
And only looking in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home