Friday, April 29, 2005

Inventions

Over coffee, we were talking about this annoying magazine salesman that came to my door today. For the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would want to get into that job, (and the ploy of "people are not just buying the magazines, they're buying a future for me" is a load of crap.) Instead, we decided that this kid should have had a better product, like... say... wacky inventions! Something so simple and so silly, that you wonder how you ever did without it! My contribution was a beer mug with an 8 ball in the bottom. Ask a question, take a drink, get the answer! Perfect, eh? My friend's was a re-closeable bread bag. They do it for everything else, why not bread??? No, they expect us to keep track of those annoying little wire thingies! (Yeah, who came up with that one?)

So, what would your invention be? (Or what silly contraption that has already been invented would you buy from a door to door salesman?)

5 Comments:

Blogger RT said...

PS: After having it pointed out to me, I realize that I'm probably going out on a limb with this post. Just to reassure you, I have no intentions of trying to market anything here, it's more of a way of getting to know the people I'm blogging with. Like I said before, it can be something that has already been invented, or even something that could never be invented (like a magical potion that gets rid of unwanted hair forever!)

So please, don't feel uncomfortable with this question, if you have some secret invention that's going to make you millions, use it!

I mean, Don't Use It! :o)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

You have this thing about hair removal, don't you? hahaha hmmmm... I have one that I can't list but as an impromptu invention I'd say a book harness for people lying on their backs reading before they go to sleep. It'd also have a bookmarker attachment so when you do pass out you won't lose your spot.

1:06 AM  
Blogger RT said...

LMAO! Shut up! Many women have a problem with unwanted hair!

And that invention sounds divine! Especially seeing how I'm currently reading a book about funerals...

2:19 AM  
Blogger RT said...

Don't be silly Jill, you're not hairy either. It's just a pain in the butt to have to shave my legs every other day.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

How about teflon tape for the inside of their legs that will keep them from rubbing together by sliding. B) Now if you made the adhesive break down body hair... you'd have a product.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home