Tuesday, May 24, 2005

What About Those Angels?

Even though I know that angels and God pretty much go hand in hand, I still have a problem believing in angels as most people understand them, (some glowing cherub looking thingy, floating around and looking over your shoulder all the time). It's not so much that I don't believe in them, as I don't think I want to believe in them. For some reason they remind me of ghost, and I don't want to believe in ghost. Granted, ghost (and angels) are fun to contemplate and talk about, but if I were to actually see a ghost or an angel, I think it would scare the shit outta me!

I would rather like to believe that "angels" are that part of our psyche that works whenever we perceive danger, need comforting, or whatever. It's something within us that helps us to deal with situations that we normally wouldn't be able to. I know you've heard people say stuff like "My guardian angel was with me on that one!" Well, what if it wasn't an angel, but your own strength and intuition that got you through? Or, maybe it was God looking out for you, Himself? Why is it we feel the need to give away such strengths and blessings to unformed entities?

I, personally, have never seen an angel, so maybe that's why I choose to believe the way I do. Maybe it’s merely my way of rationalizing a potential threat to sanity?

4 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

I personally believe in ghosts. I don't put angels in the same area though. But there is something interesting to consider: Every major religion has a form of angel. Rather odd that they could all agree on something like that.

8:23 PM  
Blogger RT said...

"Rather odd that they could all agree on something like that."

What are you doing? Trying to freak me out even more???

You know, I wrote this bit a couple of years ago after this person I know looked over my shoulder and said there was an angel behind me, I turned around and almost had a heart attack before I realized that it was just a reflection. That was when I decided I really didn't want to believe in them, lol. I won't deny that they exsist, and I don't hate them (even though I fear them,) I just don't want to know for sure.

I know it's childish -kind of like hiding my head in the sand- but I'm comfortable with that. :o)

9:26 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

"You know, I wrote this bit a couple of years ago after this person I know looked over my shoulder and said there was an angel behind me, I turned around and almost had a heart attack before I realized that it was just a reflection."

I think they were trying to tell you that you are one or that you are hot. B)

5:25 AM  
Blogger RT said...

Oh! I get it now An80snut! LMAO! It wasn't a reflection of ME. It was the way the light was bouncing off a car onto the wall... It really did look like an angel!

And yeah, or at least my face is hot right now... How many times I gotta tell you to quit flirting with me Jill??? 8P

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home