Sunday, October 03, 2004

Halloween!

Ahhh... My favorite time of the year! The weather is starting to cool off, the leaves are falling from the trees, and the decorations are starting to come out! What better time to throw a couple logs in the fireplace, grab a glass of wine, and snuggle up to some good horror flicks? Seeing how this is my favorite holiday, I thought it might be cool to come up with a movie suggestion list to help get you in the mood, also. Some of them are goofy cult classics (just for fun) and some should sufficiently creep you out. I know they do me! I call it The Thirteen Days of Halloween!

Now, before we start the thirteen days, I think we should use the week preceding to honor Vincent Price (5/27/11 - 10/25/93). The king of horror, himself! I mean, he Did go through all the trouble of trying to hold on till Halloween... We can give him at least this much, right?

If you can find a copy, may I sugest you start off the VP week with Michael Jackson's Thriller. Cheezy? Maybe. Fun? Absofuckinlutely!

1. Pit and the Pendulum
Fall of the House of Usher
2. House of Wax
Diary of a Madman
3. Theatre of Blood
House on Haunted Hill
4. Twice-Told Tales
Tales of Terror
5. The Fly
The Last Man on Earth
6. The Raven
The Comedy of Terrors
7. Abominable Dr. Phibes
Dr. Phibes Rises Again

And now for the Thirteen Days of Halloween:

13. Killer Klowns from Outer Space
The People Under the Stairs
12. Stigmata
Ghost Ship
11. Texas Chainsaw Masacere
House of a 1000 Corpes
10. In the Mouth of Madness
Event Horizon
9. The Shining
Hell Night
8. Stir of Echoes
Thir13en Ghosts
7. House on Haunted Hill (1999)
Haunting, The (1999)
6. Rosemary's Baby
The Entity
5. Poltergeist
Blair Witch Project
4. The Mothman Prophecies
The Sixth Sense
3. Session 9
Signs
2. Omen
Exorcist

And for Halloween night...

1. Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
(I pick these mainly because I know you're going to be too busy having a good time that night to watch them!)

Hope you enjoy them!

And please, if you have any to add, I'm not above watching three movies a night :o)

1 Comments:

Blogger RT said...

Yes you should!

And speaking of which, I just found a pretty decent wine! Columbia Crest Riesling. They had some other Rieslings but she said this would be a good one... And it is!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home