Monday, March 21, 2005

History in the making?

I know we’ve all heard about the Terri Schiavo case, so now I’m wondering... What do you guys think? If not her, who should have the right to decide her fate? They’ve shown that the husband may have ulterior motives to end her life, and I think it’s pretty obvious that the parents just want her to be around for them, not her. And if let the courts and the govt. make this decision, how far will they go with this?

If you ask me, I think it’s all a big mess! But, all the politics aside, I have to say that this whole situation is just disgusting the hell out of me! Whether they decide to let her live or die, the method they’re using is just wrong. How do you, in good conscious, let someone starve to death??? How do say that she’s in no pain? You can’t know that beyond a shadow of a doubt. Even a convicted felon has better treatment. If they’re so sure that Terri won’t be able to eat on her own, why do they have her so heavily guarded? Why won’t they let her at least try?

This is killing me!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn Doll said...

I don't watch the news! I've read your blog but I'm so off because I don't pay attention to the nes stuff. I suck. BUT, you should get a MySpace account if you don't already have one!! There's some kickass music out there! Lot's of locals in your area (whever you may roam) am sure, as many other's! 12 Step Rebels rocked my socks the other night. They're on there too! Just make sure you name what you listen to on your profile 'cause that's when the bands start hitting you up. It's great. I've been finding lots of good stuff to my ears! Woot!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Wow, just so you know, I reread my comment and I see all the damn typo's and screw-ups. I'm so smart! Isn't it obvious!

6:38 AM  
Blogger RT said...

That's why I brought this one up, Jill. I think most of the news is crap, but this particular piece is sort of important.

If they let the govt. decide the case, it could very well do away with Living Wills! If there's a possibility that you could be keep alive on tubes and wires, they could make a law to demand that you are.

If there was ever a need for Dr Kevorkian! I can't believe he's doing time, but the judges who are allowing this to happen to Terri are still in office. It's a messed up world.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Okay, so after not knowing too much about all of this, I just had to know. I just read for about 45 minutes and anticipated the news for the first time in years. This makes me sick! Is starving someone to death not murder? I guess we could all argue it all day, but it's disgusting and reminds me of what kinda sick and twisted people there are.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Matt D said...

Honestly, I see it as revolving around a living will. Perhaps the parents only want her around for them, perhaps Terri's husband had ulterior motives. I don't know.

But I, quite frankly, believe that since Terri Schiavo did not write a living will, then nobody has any business letting her die. She should have stayed on life support. Otherwise, it spirals down into the he said she said that it became.

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home