Saturday, February 26, 2005

Entertainment's Top Five List

OK, I know most normal people could care less about this stuff, but what can I say? I'm still unemployed so I have to do something with my time. I would like to direct your attention to #5 on the Concerts Tours list... My Boys! (Although, I think they should have made at least third place...) And, if you'll notice, Grudge was one of the most rented videos, but no one friggin' bought it! Gee, I wonder why... That movie sucked! I chalk the high rentals up to good advertizing on that one.

From Entertainment - AP
The Top Five
Fri Feb 25,10:27 AM ETBy The Associated Press

TELEVISION:
1. "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," CBS.
2. "American Idol" (Tuesday), Fox.
3. "American Idol" (Wednesday), Fox.
4. "Desperate Housewives," ABC.
5. "Survivor: Palau," CBS.
(From Nielsen Media Research)

FILM:
1. "Hitch," Sony.
2. "Constantine," Warner Bros.
3. "Because of Winn-Dixie," Fox.
4. "Son of the Mask," New Line.
5. "Million Dollar Baby," Warner Bros.
(From Exhibitor Relations Co.)

HOT FIVE:
1. "Candy Shop," 50 Cent (feat. Olivia). Shady.
2. "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," Green Day. Reprise. (Gold —certified sales of more than 500,000)
3. "Let Me Love You," Mario. 3rd Street. (Gold)
4. "How We Do," The Game (feat. 50 Cent). Aftermath/G-Unit/Interscope.
5. "1, 2 Step," Ciara (feat. Missy Elliot). Sho'nuff-MusicLine.(Gold)
(From Billboard magazine)

ALBUMS:
1. "Genius Loves Company," Ray Charles. Hear. (Platinum_ certifiedsales of 1 million units)
2. "American Idiot," Green Day. Reprise. (Platinum)
3. "The Documentary," The Game. Aftermath.
4. "Grammy Nominees 2005," Various Artists. Grammy.
5. "Confessions," Usher. LaFace. (Platinum)
(From Billboard magazine)

CONCERT TOURS:
1. Bette Midler (news).
2. Cher.
3. Yanni.
4. Mannheim Steamroller.
5. Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
(From Pollstar)

KID VIDEO SALES:
1. "Mulan 2," Walt Disney Home Entertainment.
2. "Aloha Scooby-Doo," Warner Home Video.
3. "Dora the Explorer: Catch the Star," Paramount Home Entertainment.
4. "Blues Clues — Blues Room: It's Hug Day," Paramount HomeEntertainment.
5. "The Land Before Time XI: The Invasion of the Tinysauruses,"Universal Studios Home Video.
(From Billboard magazine)

VHS RENTALS:
1. "The Notebook," New Line Home Entertainment.
2. "Shark Tale," DreamWorks Home Entertainment.
3. "The Grudge," Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment.
4. "Ray," Universal Studios Home Video.
5. "Shall We Dance?" Miramax Home Entertainment.
(From Billboard magazine)

VHS SALES:
1. "Shark Tale," DreamWorks Home Entertainment.
2. "Mulan 2," Walt Disney Home Entertainment.
3. "Aloha Scooby-Doo," Warner Home Video.
4. "Ray," Universal Studios Home Video.
5. "Shall We Dance? Miramax Home Entertainment.
(From Billboard magazine)

DVD SALES:
1. "Shark Tale" (widescreen), DreamWorks Home Entertainment.
2. "Shark Tale" (pan & scan), DreamWorks Home Entertainment.
3. "The Notebook," New Line Home Entertainment.
4. "Ray" (widescreen), Universal Studios Home Video.
5. "Mulan 2," Walt Disney Home Entertainment.
(From Billboard magazine)

1 Comments:

Blogger RT said...

Don't feel bad, Chrissie. I haven't seen and/or heard of a lot of them. I'm guessing that the #1 album "Genius Loves Company," by Ray Charles, is beacuse of the movie "Ray" which is about his life. Haven't seen it yet, but I heard a little about it. I'll probably be seeing those kid flicks eventually... As soon as they filter down to me from Jill, that is, lol.

I haven't heard the Green Day album yet either, but I've heard a couple of their songs in the past and they seem to be pretty cool.

As far as the TV shows go, I know those, but "Desperate Housewives" is the only one worth watching, lol. (Please do not tell my CSI buddies I said that!) My list of TV shows may have went something like this...

Television:

1. Carnivale (HBO)
2. Monk (USA)
3. Scrubs (NBC)
4. Arrested Developement (Fox)
5. Desperate Housewives (ABC) of course!
(please note, these are shows that are still airing new episodes)

Hey Chrissie! Why don't you see if you can find out what Scotland's list is and maybe pass on some links! I wouldn't mind finding out what the rest of the world is watching :o)

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home