Friday, May 27, 2005

Curious Johnny

Once upon a time, there was a boy named Johnny. One day, little Johnny was walking to school when he heard some girls giggling behind a bush. He went a little closer to hear what they were laughing about, but all he could make out of the conversation was "purple posies".

Now, Johnny was a curious boy, so when he got to his classroom, he went to the teacher and asked her what a purple posie was. The teacher immediately flew into a rage saying, "Oh my goodness! I can't believe you said that! You go to the principles office right NOW!" So little Johnny went to the principles office.

When the principle called Johnny in, he asked, "What's the problem Johnny? You've never been in trouble before, What did you do?"

Little Johnny sheepishly replied, "I don't know, all I did was ask what a purple posie was and..."

Before Johnny could even finish, the principle started screaming, "Oh my! I can't believe you are using that sort of language in my school! Get out and don't ever come back!"

Little Johnny was really starting to worry now, he just couldn't understand what was so bad about a purple posie. He went home however, and when he got there, his mother was shocked.

"Johnny, what are you doing home so early?" she asked.

Well, by now little Johnny was almost afraid to say, but he told his mother, "I was walking to school when I heard some girls talking about purple posies, and when I asked the teacher what they were..."

At the mention of purple posies, Johnny's mother's jaw hit the floor and he knew he was in serious trouble. With an evil look in her eye and an eerily calm, low voice, she said, "Go to your room young man. You stay there and think about what you've done till your father gets home."

So little Johnny did as he was told and went to his room. A few hours later, he heard a knock at his door, then his father came in looking extremely grim. "I hear you've gotten yourself into some trouble today Johnny, care to explain?"

Little Johnny was in tears by this point and through his tears he tried to say, "I don't know what happen, all I did was ask what a purple posie was and...." Johnny stopped then, seeing his fathers face turn red and the veins in his neck start popping out. He had never before seen his father look so scary and this just made him cry harder.

His father simply said, "Get out, I never want to see your face again." So, still in tears, little Johnny left.

Several weeks later, little Johnny was sitting on a park bench stuffing old newspapers in his shirt to help keep himself warm, when an old bum sits down next to him and ask, "My, you seem awfully young to be homeless, how did this happen?"

Little Johnny tried to explain, "I'm not really sure what happened. It all started when I heard some girls talking about purple posies one day. When I asked what they were, I got in trouble at school, then my father kicked me out of the house and through all that, I still don't know what a purple posie is. Could you please tell me what a purple posie is, sir?"

The old bum said that he couldn't tell Johnny what a purple posie was, but did tell him how he could find out. He said, "See that building across the street over there? Well, you go in that building and in the lobby you'll find an elevator, take the elevator up to the fifth floor and when you get off go to your right, go through the third door on your left and in the back of that room, you'll find a curtain. Behind the curtain is a flight of stairs, climb the stairs till you come to a green door, then go though the door and follow that hallway all the way to the end, there'll be three more doors, take the middle one and in that room, you'll find out what a purple posie is."

Little Johnny was so excited to find out what a purple posie was that he jumped up and ran towards the building, but as he went to cross the street, he was run over by a bus and died.

Moral to this story: Look both ways before crossing the street.

-Unknown (but I'd sure like to find out who came up with this one)

4 Comments:

Blogger thc said...

Great shaggy dog story...I think. I'm not really sure how Chrissie's comment fits, though.

11:57 AM  
Blogger RT said...

I'm still trying to figure out why Andrews Mom has a wee school friend.

You know, stuff like that is illegal (or at least frowned upon) here in the states.

And! Why were they walking on such a dangerous road??? You don't let your kids do that, do you Chrissie???

12:04 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

My son who is 15 has to cross a 55 mph road. It is almost a highway, but I live in Las Vegas and the construction here is horrible. They decided to build what is called a beltway that is suppose to go around the city. Instead of building it and opening it in sections like a freeway should, they built it as a cross between a frwy and a street, with stop lights and all. They are now tearing up what they built slowely to turn it into the freeway it was suppose to be in the first place. Can you say tax payer money wasted? Anyways. I worry about my son crossing it everyday because people ignore the stop light and they go right through it at about 80 miles an hour.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

Ok, I love the original story. Got depressed with the second one. And now I'm concerned with Teri's third one. All I can say is kids need rollerskates.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home