Thursday, July 07, 2005

Sin of all Sins

OK, seeing how that last post was a flop (whether it was because most people just don’t care, don’t want to think about it, or I’ve just exposed myself as a total idiot for stating the obvious, I don’t know...?) I figured I better go to a lighter/serious-er subject...

Eminem.

I know this guy is popular, but he sooo does not appeal to me at all. I find his lyrics offensive and totally disrespectful. And while I’ll try my best to defend his right to free speech, Johnny, if you’re reading this, I’m going to kick your ass for making me listen to Mr Nem!

5 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

If he recorded something in the 80's, I'd be listening.

I'm stuck in a musical time warp.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Mike Leslie said...

I am with ya RT, the dude does not float my boat by any means. Neither does much rap in general. I like dynamics in my music, and singing...imagine that. I could go on a massive tirade on my distaste for rap. Unless they are writing their own material and playing the instruments themselves then I want no part of the thievery that they try to call sampling.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

You exposed yourself? Damn. Missed out on it. I really didn't like any of his songs for awhile until I heard "Cleanin Out My Closet." There was something really dark to it lyrically and in the music behind it. Not big on the whiney voice though. I guess I look at Snoop Dogg in the same way (his "Murder Was The Case") where they hit something different that stands out to me. Or maybe, I'm just a dark person.

8:56 PM  
Blogger thc said...

I'm with Fred. Actually, you can add the 70's to my list as well, but Eminem just doesn't do it for me.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

I wouldn't go out and buy his albums or anything, but I wouldn't change the radio station when his songs were on the radio. (Not that I usually listen to that type of music) I just don't take him seriously.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home