Monday, June 13, 2005

On the Tails of that last Blog...

You know, I got to thinking about this a little more, and what you guys are saying...

Personally, I think that people are basically good hearted. They don't intentionally hurt someone unless they've been hurt, or are having a bad day, or whatever. Thing is, if a person could actually see the impact they have one others, how would they respond? Would they understand the hurt that they've caused? Would they be happy that they've been able to spread a little cheer? How much of either is simply for self empowerment?

And with a persons intentions clearly shown, how would we deal with them?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn Doll said...

I don't think all people are good hearted. Some are just the opposite. But I think, somehow, that everyone wants to be. Or at least has wanted to be at some time or another.

Some people actually want to inflict pain on others. Whether it's emotional or physical.
People are, for lack of better word, weird like that.

So, all in all, I don't feel I can answer your questions unless doing so with a particular person or situation. Everyone is so very different, it's truly amusing.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

They might try to do nothing and avoid social interaction seeing as everything they do could have a negative outcome.

5:27 AM  
Blogger RT said...

That's true Jenn, I guess there are some that were born with a few loose wires, but for the most part, I think the hatefulness (is that a word?) comes from experience.

If you knew, that a person was being hateful because of their experiences, it wouldn't be that big of a deal to you, right? You might try to do something to make that person feel a little more secure about themselves, or you could simply ignore them. No big deal, you know it's their problem, not yours.

But, what if they're being hateful because they think you're being hateful to them?

I know this is a hypothetical situation, and kind of a mute point, but what if?

7:37 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

I am a very sensitive person and I go out of my way not to hurt anybody's feelings, sometimes to my detriment. One thing I hate is people who only care about themselves and do not care who they hurt. I think selfishness is the key to people not caring about the hurt they cause. With their intentions clearly shown, it would help me to avoid them if necessary.

9:39 AM  
Blogger RT said...

Oh shoot! I was suppose to call you!

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home