Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Useless Trivia

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
Hardly seems worth it.

If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
Now that's more like it!

The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
O.M.G.!

A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes.
In my next life, I want to be a pig.

A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death.
Creepy.

I'm still not over the pig.

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories a hour.
Don't try this at home, maybe at work.

The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off.
"Honey, I'm home. What the....?!"

The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field.

30 minutes... Lucky pig! Can you imagine?

The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.
What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?

Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
I still want to be a pig in my next life... Quality over quantity.

Butterflies taste with their feet.
Something I always wanted to know.

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
Hmm...

Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.
If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?

Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump.
Okay, so that would be a good thing.

A cat's urine glows under a black light.
Wonder who was paid to figure that out?

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
I know some people like that.

Starfish have no brains.
I know some people like that too.

Polar bears are left-handed.
If they switch, they'll live a lot longer.

Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
What about that pig???

21 Comments:

Blogger Matt D said...

Praying mantis fact response:

Two heads, but only enough blood to run one.

1:09 AM  
Blogger Mike Leslie said...

A 30 minute orgasm? Holy SH*T!!!! They must be tantric or something. I cannot imagine a jumping elephant, they jsut walk through everything, no need to jump.

1:09 AM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

I'm still thinking of that pig! No wonder Porky Pig was always stuttering. Great, and informative post.

1:46 AM  
Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Ha, I was about to write the same thing Vavoom did.

Damnit he got here first.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If you have a 30 minute orgasm sex is a serious business...

7:34 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

I love useless trivia...It is so entertaining :)

8:23 PM  
Blogger RT said...

Vavoom, no one has to enjoy sex with you... You're married :D

Mr McKay: Informative? LoL, welcome to my blog!

As for that 30 minute orgasm... Hell, I would settle for 30 minutes of any kind of sex right now. :o( (Well, not with a farm animal, but you know what I mean!)

11:26 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

Great list! I like useless knowledge... dunno about the animal theme though. I just worry about the person that tested this pig orgasm out. Was this orgasm given by another pig or was it a researcher stimulating it? Were probes, gloves or electricity involved? I think I need to see the data on that one. I think this is just propaganda to promote porking.

2:54 AM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

I was SO enjoying these. Like ALOT. Laughing and thinking I was all smart now. THEN, THEN(!) I read the roach one. I HAVE A PHOBIA WITH ROACHES. OH MY GOD! I'm totally FREAKING OUT right now! Like seriously. I can't even put my feet on the floor. My arms feel weak and I want to scream. I'm dead serious too. OH MY GOD!

4:15 AM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! That is WRONG! SO wrong!

I want my mom.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

That's week not weak. I'm done spamming you.

OH MY GOD!

4:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So I should stop sending you emails? Too bad I don't remember sending it. It must have been the evil twin. David Gray is American, Davyd Grey is Anglicized Welsh.

10:42 PM  
Blogger RT said...

Nah Jill, I got it from Johnny. I just took out the chain part, 'cause it wasn't funny.

DDG, the email was from a David Gray, lol. Not some dude named Lloyd :p I emailed him last week (?) about TSO and that was his reply name. It confused me at first because it's not the kind of name you hear every day, but I figured it out...

10:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

RT -- I know (nobody appreciates my sarcasm)

7:27 PM  
Blogger RT said...

Vavoom, are you sure you used the right screen name? I didn't get anything from you...

It's brainiaxcess, just in case.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

Jenn still hasn't given hers out but then again it could be for safety reasons.

1:07 AM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

I rarely use Yahoo, but I'm gonna sign on just because you're there, Vavoom. So I'll be stalking you, I mean, looking for you there. =P

Martin, I'd totally share with you. I guess I have to build some sort of internet trust before I do give mine out. Not that that does a whole lot (I put my face on it. I'm an idiot) but you feel where I'm coming from.

Hrm...Well, if you wanna give me your email address, I'll send you my screennames. OR, you can post a comment on my blog and delete it right after. I'll still get it. ;)

1:56 AM  
Blogger RT said...

You guys are so cool :o)

Hey, just to let you know, I probably won't be around much this week. My home computer bit the dust and I'm having to rely on my 80 year old laptop. (It's frustrating because it takes 10 minutes to load a page!)

I'll still try to leave comments here and there, but please forgive if it's not much :)

10:26 AM  
Blogger Mike Leslie said...

Maybe its RT who is doing the Strongbad emails...ancient laptop and all that...
;)

3:10 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

I'm not too shy so here they are:

Yahoo IM: an80snut
email: mhennessyiii@yahoo.com

3:52 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

RT - hurry back!!

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home