Sunday, October 30, 2005

Falling Behind, Here!

OK, I went to bed last night and totally forgot about setting my clock back an hour. So, not only did I get an extra day this week, I also have an extra hour to tell about it!

Thursday turned out to be a really nice day. Unlike some of you suggested, I didn’t spend the day in bed (I can’t believe you were encouraging me to stay in bed!) I woke up early, had a pot of coffee while playing spider solitaire on the computer, then headed up to Dayton to the Half Price Book Store where I picked up a couple of books:
















Then I came home and started working on a new art project (and no, I still haven't finished the canvas... Any bets on whether I'll finish this one?)

















It's hard to tell from this photo, but this is a type of painting that I used to do years ago using spray paint on poster paper. I was pretty good at it back then, but I got bored with it because I thought there's only so much you can do with it... But now I have a new idea! So I'm going to try it again.

After playing around with that most of the day, Mom and I went and did a little shopping (I'm still amazed at the suspicious look the clerk gave me because I was buying several cans of spray paint,) then came home and we fixed dinner together (s'getti and meatballs... Yum!)

All in all, a very nice day!

15 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

The art project looks like a good fit for Halloween. Very nice.

It's been sooo long since I've had spaghetti since I'm on this low carb diet. I just may cheat a bit soon.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

Mmmm spaghetti. Your whole day sounds great, especially the book store! Glad you had some extra time to enjoy :)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Glad you had a good day. That is a really cool painting. I really appreciate art (I can't draw a stick figure to save my life).

Nothing better than spending time shopping, going to a bookstore and playing Spider Solitaire, I love that game.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

I didn't say you had to sleep all day in bed. That'd be wasteful. But, I really like the work you did on the canvas. I'd take it as it is. B)

10:13 PM  
Blogger thc said...

Sounds like a fine day! And I'd look at you funny for buying quantities of spray paint too.

10:14 PM  
Blogger RT said...

LoL, you guys are very supportive, bless your hearts... Ya can't even tell what it's a picture of! I know that. It's OK. As soon as I can figure out how to keep the glare off of it, you'll be able to see :o)

Chrissie, I finally had to break down and go with the word verification because my mailbox was getting crammed with junk mail. I held off as long as I could, but...

10:19 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

But we CAN tell what it's a picture of and it's GREAT! Look at my little Liv all talented and stuff.

We want more!!

2:46 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Have you tried using an airbrush? We have one, it's very addicting...

1:31 PM  
Blogger RT said...

Alright Jill! I have been on your butt for years about that! When are we going to make it happen? Huh???

Saurkraut, I have! I tried airbrushing when I was younger too, but I had one of those crappy little kits where you had to keep changing the bottle... And well, yeah, THAT lasted about two seconds. LoL.

This method is similar, but I think I like it more because (other than the cleanup being a breeze) I like the idea of putting all the layers on and then taking off the parts you want. The only downside is that it's harder to control the spray.

Linny, they are pretty good books. I read quite a bit of them before I bought them, and I'll probably be quoting them here from time to time :D

6:04 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

Yeah, something ought to be done about that! B)

1:41 AM  
Blogger RT said...

I'm sorry guys! This new job is taking up a lot of my spare time :o( so I haven't had a chance to post or read much.

But, I've been thinking about a lot of things. I have a lot to say about the racism posts (I think they were on Vavoom's and Jenn's blogs?) but I didn't get to comment before ya'lls moved past it, so I'll try to work something up about it later.

I'll try to get something up soon. I promise!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Promise shromise. We miss you!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

I'm just thinking that the title is hella fitting. B)

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.wkyc.com/video/player.aspx?aid=17320&bw=

9:22 PM  
Blogger RT said...

LoL, are you feeling bad for calling me a slacker?

:p

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home