Friday, October 15, 2004

Latest News...

I was just sitting here bitching to myself about the fact that I finally have a day off with nothing to do (got all my errands done yesterday,) only to find out that there’s nothing good on TV. Imagine that, digital cable now has millions of channels and there’s Still nothing good on! It’s enough to make you want to shoot yourself in the head!

But, instead of doing that, I went out to get my mail... And guess what I got! A letter from poetry.com saying that my poem, "Tears in a Mirrored Window" has been accepted into the finals! Yes, it’s true, I now have a chance at winning this contest. Not only that, but they also want to publish my poem in their latest book Eternal Portraits.

Now, I’m not sure how excited I should be about this, I’ve heard a lot of negative things about poetry.com since submitting the poem, but just the fact that there may some day be a book out there with one of my poems in it is kind of cool. I might even spring for the $50 to buy it.

Anyway, I just thought I’d share that. Breakfast at Tiffany’s (one of my favorite movies) just came on, so I’m off to watch it. I’ll keep you updated on any further developments with the poem.

Peace and Greenbeans




The view from our hotel room in NYC. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home