Sunday, November 14, 2004

Vacation Ideas

So! Jill and I have a "vacation" coming up and we're trying to decide on whether we want to take one together and where we may want to go. We've talked of Florida, and that seems to be the best bet so far because it will be fairly inexpensive (and we don't have much to spend, lol). But, I'm thinking, if we pull our family/friend resources, we could probably do LV or New Hampshire for just as cheap. I know we can do LV, but is it really a family kind of place? (I think yes, as long as we can keep Nat away from the tables ;o) .) NH would be cool... literally! And so, that may be out... I don't know where would be the ideal place, all I know is that after 5+ years of 60+ hours a week, I need a f*cking break!

Any other ideas?

5 Comments:

Blogger RT said...

Dammit Jill, stop that! You know how easily my hopes are built...

3:39 PM  
Blogger nevermore said...

Well I went to Florida once but I doubt you'd be interested in disneyworld for a vacation :P Seriously though, if you're not used to the heat (I know I wasn't) you might feel like you're actually beginning to melt. 5+ years 60+ hours a week btw ... the only thing that comes to mind is "wow" ... you really do need that break, better enjoy it

6:51 PM  
Blogger RT said...

Well Chrissie, you act like you didn't know I worked that many hours, lol.

Seriously, it's not that bad, I enjoy the job and I don't have much of a home life anyway (remember, I'm in Ohio!) It's just that traveling is one of my true passions and I can't do much of that while I'm working. Getting a three or four day "weekend" is the same to me as a two week vacation would be to most people because I take full advantage of every second... Kind of like being starved for a few weeks, then being offered a 7 course meal. You know you can't possible take it all in, but you're sure as hell going to try. This is my time, and I'm so ready for it!

I would Love to go to Scotland, btw. I would love to finally get to see you and the boys! If only I knew where to stay, how to get around... :o)

2:16 PM  
Blogger Matt D said...

Good vacation spot? ...let's think...me, I personally would say anywhere a good brewery is. How about a trip to the Guinness Brewery!!! A friend of mine went, and said they give you some of their heavenly nectar nice and fresh. I think it's going to be a pilgrimage of mine if I ever make any money...but then, being a Politics major kinda shoots that chance, eh?

2:18 AM  
Blogger RT said...

Oy! Matty D, bite your tongue! I kive less than 10 miles from the Miller brewery.

Not that I like beer that much, but...

:o)

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home