Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Book Suggestion

In honor of Memorial Day (and yes, I'm a little late) I would like to suggest my latest read, Being Dead Is No Excuse: The Official Southern Ladies Guide to Hosting The Perfect Funeral by Gayden Metcalfe and Charlotte Hays. This is a great book! The main premise being that just because you’re dead, doesn’t mean you want to lose your style.

"Folks in the Delta have a strong sense of community, and being dead is no impediment to belonging to it. Down South, they don’t forget you when you’ve up and died - in fact, they visit you more often. But there are quintessential rules and rituals for kicking the bucket tastefully, and having a flawless funeral is one of them."

It’s an easy read and very entertaining, plus! it has some really good recipes in it. :o)

2 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

hmmm... dunno. Sounds a little morbid. B) I have fears enough that someone will try to dress me in pastel colors for a viewing before I get cremated.

2:02 AM  
Blogger RT said...

OMG! You have to read this book! It's not morbid at all, it's more of "how to be the life of the party" even after you're dead...

And, being an 80s nut, I'm guessing that your loved ones will dress you in... hummmm... leather pants, crucifixes, and maybe a purple streak or two?

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home