Friday, October 15, 2004

Side Note:

After reading Mattys latest post I just had to come back over here and praise him! (I would have done it on his blog, but I didn't want to give him a big head, lol.) It just goes to show you what kind of a hell I'm currently living here in hillbilly Ohio.

Most guys around here wouldn't even consider cooking for a woman, it is the woman's job to cook for them. Even though she has worked a full day at a regular job, it is her responsibility to cook, clean, and if applicable, take care of the children. And yes, I realize that there are exceptions to this rule, but they're too far and in between to count.

Just hearing Matty talk about wanting to impress his girl by making her dinner makes me long for the "old" days when I lived in Vegas, where most of the traditional roles were considered outdated. Where the home chores were divided equally, usually to the more experienced. (I did the laundry, he made sure the tank had gas in it, we both ate out A Lot.)

I know that this is how it goes in the more advanced areas of this country, and for the life of me, I just can't understand why the women of this area so willingly volunteer to put up with being the "little woman." That is one of the reasons I say that "women's lib" hasn't come along nearly as far as people seem to think it has. Sure, we're working out of the home more and more, but we're still having to take care of the home without help from the guys. So I find it wildly refreshing when I hear a guy talk about cooking!

Kudos to you, Matty!


For all my boob lovin' friends... Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt D said...

Thank you very much for the kind words :)

11:37 PM  
Blogger Matt D said...

Sorry I never replied to your comment on my spaghetti sauce recipe. I would make it entirely from scratch if I knew how...I also have limited ability to get to the grocery store, so what I did instead for the test dinner was use a jar of tomato basil sauce, and add garlic, meat, mild italian sausage, some red wine, and sugar...it turned out pretty well according to my guests.

This would be a bit of a compliment, I guess, considering Lizzy's father is a chef. I wouldn't know, I thought there was much work to be done.

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home