Wednesday, December 01, 2004

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends...

Ah! Lots of helpful words!

See?

That’s why I love the internet!

Seriously, thank you guys, your advice is doing me some good.

I actually feel a little better today. I think I’m finally starting to unwind. It amazes me that most jobs only give a weeks vacation per year (or at a time, if that.) It’s taken me almost that long just to relax and enjoy a day. I can understand now why so many people have a hard time "finding" themselves. Hell, with all the needless responsibilities we put on ourselves, it’s no wonder we speed through life without realizing a single dream.

Of course, having a few job offers doesn’t hurt either. Kinda helps stroke the ego, if you know what I mean. But we’ll get into the usefulness of that more at a later time...

In Other News! (This is where I ramble... As I love to do!)

I went Christmas shopping the other day, so now I don’t feel like such a slug for being out of work during the holidays (more materialism, I know. But still...) And I put up the Christmas tree.

In between clearing out the study and waiting for the cable guy, I also worked on a painting that I’ve been working on for weeks now. I had it pretty far along before I realized I didn’t like the colors I used. Go figure. So now I’m doing it again in blue tones. I don’t know what it is about blue, I just find it so soothing. I love blue. Maybe it’s because my aura is red and white? :o)

Oh! I also started digging up all my camping gear! That alone made me feel a tons better. I still have a lot to do, but after compiling a list of stuff I might need from internet camping sites, I feel confident that I can pack my car with the equipment to sufficiently and efficiently sustain me for a couple of weeks of "country livin’". Funny how all of my years of camping experience only taught me to make sure I remembered the can opener and something to get the cork out of the wine bottle.

Thought For The Day:
I saw a commercial today that had nothing but blond haired people in it. An entire world with nothing but blondes... I don’t know what they were selling, but just seeing everyone looking the same was pretty scary.

Quote of the Day:
An artist need only be an artist in his or her own mind to create something beautiful. - L.T.

If I Could Be An Animal For the Day:
I would be a bird... Doesn’t matter what kind of bird as long as it can fly. (I had a really weird dream last night. Don’t ask.)

3 Comments:

Blogger amanda jane said...

Hi,I got your comment and seeing as we listen to the same kind of music the "tree comment" is a song called Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead, if you can catch it on the internet listen to it. It's a great song. I have my fingers crossed, I may be able to see Trans-Siberian tomorrow night for free!! Fingers crossed. Take care.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Fake Plastic Trees is on an AMAZING album called "The Bends", and is DEFINITELY worth the $10 to purchase at your local Best Buy. The whole CD is full of really cool songs. While Fake Plastic Trees was probably the biggest hit song off the album, a few of the other songs that I personally like better are, "High and Dry", and the MUCH less known "Bulletproof...I wish I was".

5:10 PM  
Blogger RT said...

Mmm... I suspect there would be some serious repercussions to that, Jill. You're not even suppose to be Talking about that picture, much less Showing it!

But seeing how you did bring it up, I wonder if there is a way we could get a good game of online Truth or Dare going between our blogging buddies?

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home