Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I Am So Tired of Seeing People be Manipulative and Self Righteous Just to Meet Their Needs of Image.

(And Yes, that title may change again, if I can find a better way of putting it :o) )

Why are people so scared or insecure to tell to truth as they know it any more? We all have experiences that we’re unable or unwilling to admit to, but that’s minor compared to the lies we tell ourselves on a daily basis.

I believe a lot of it is guilt. Society and religion put so many quilts on us for this or that, that we don’t even know what’s right or wrong anymore. No one in their right mind can live up to what’s ‘right’, but yet, we must condemn those that are ‘wrong’ or face judgment from our peers.

Look deep into your heart, think about how you’ve been raised, and see the world as it really is... In your eyes, without the rosy colored glasses. The first step is to acknowledge the problem, not force a solution.

So please, share your deepest, darkest fears and insecurities.

A few of mine deal with women’s rights, such as abortion and our right to prosper without the aid of a male counterpart. In short, I’m tired of people telling me that I’m nothing, if not a mother or a career woman. There are many of us in the middle that just want the privilege of being able to be proud of supporting ourselves.

13 Comments:

Blogger Evil Sandmich said...

My deepest fear is that the Pizza Hut down the road with the awesome buffet will go out of business. I've already lost a Hooters, I can't lose my Pizza Hut!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

i will be back to share in the morning

12:46 AM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

I'm going to have to chew on this a bit and comment again about my fears and insecurities. BUT - There's nothing wrong with not being a parent. Lots of people find it's the right decision. The career woman part - I just don't get at all. Who cares? It's your life.

1:06 AM  
Blogger RT said...

LMAO! Need I say more?

There was a time when sex, drugs, shaved heads and tattoos where the only taboos. Now it's opposition to any popular idea... Unless, of course, you're famous, then any idea is not only accepted, it's taken as fact. Am I the only one that believes this country is now being run my neanderthals, idiots and loud mouths?

12:47 AM  
Blogger New White Keds said...

All too often, as we can see by the overcrowded child wellfare devision, just about anyone can become a parent; it is easier to do than get a driver's license. But being independent, self sufficient and content -- well, now THAT is a feat! Congratulations for succeeding where many only tread.

As for fear? Biggest fear here is ending up alone, truely alone and hollow.

Great blog by the way.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

Hey RT...it's been sooo long. How have you been?

Just dropping by to say hi...have a great weekend!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

It's a lot easier for someone to alienate another because they haven't attained or gone through the experiences of another. But it is sad to see someone devalue another because they don't choose the same path.

As for Evil Sandmich's fear of losing his Pizza Hut buffet, it's coming. They have slowly been remodeling each of the restaurants. Each one that is remodeled will not carry the buffet... don't ask me how I know but I feel your pain. B)

6:20 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Why do you care what people are telling you?
We are so concerend about what others think, that we wear our identifying titles like a badge.
Like these are the only things that give our life meaning and purpose.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Matt D said...

Shoot, I was just wondering where you went, RT...

Now you hit us with this bombshell of a post haha.

Hope all is well, I'll think about how to respond to this post.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

I think she's had an accident in the kitchen because she is missing. Could be that she cut her thumbs and can't hit the spacebar.

6:35 PM  
Blogger RT said...

How'dyouknow???

Nah, I've just been really busy since the weather's been nice. I took on another job -check it out- gardening! I've never done it before (and I was honest, I told them that the only stuff I tried planting died) but... What can I say, they have more faith than I do :D

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I will soon... I hope.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

I miss you!

1:33 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

I wonder if you can consider her blog a neglected bansai tree that needs pruning.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home