Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Food For Thought...

But Not For Your Body!

Did you know that drinking soda, even diet soda, is really bad for you? I went to the dentist the other day and, even though I smoke, and drink, and haven't been to a dentist in ten years, he didn't say a word about that, he gave me a big 'ol lecture on drinking soda.

And, apparently, the acid is not only bad for your teeth, but if your a chick, it's bad for your bones too. The carbonation in drinks are linked to osteoporosis.

Where the hell have I been???

I knew the dangers of artificial sweeteners, but not about the carbonation.

Anyway... Just thought I'd share. I realize that I'm sometimes far behind the times, but dang!

Oh! BTW, the good news, coffee is still good for you :o)

5 Comments:

Blogger Evil Sandmich said...

I think because it is only lightly carbonated, that beer is good for you too.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

So, that's only for women, right? B)

3:53 AM  
Blogger RT said...

Yep, Martin, the article I read said that it had no effect on men.

But, with people living longer and longer, I wonder if it will catch up to the guys.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See now my Dentist tells me that smoking is worse because it deteriorates the bone in your mouth. And it can give you mouth cancer. My dentist drinks soda. HMMMMMM makes ya wonder doesnt it......

9:51 PM  
Blogger RT said...

I still think our main problem here in Ohio is what they put in the water...

And of course he doesn't want you to smoke!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home